Zunerama logo   
News: Zunerama: Straight talk on Microsoft Zune. Forums. News. Reviews. All things Zune.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2014, 01:14:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Are you waiting for the Zune/ XBox Live connection? (besides just the zune tag)
HELLA YEAH!! - 12 (80%)
not really - 1 (6.7%)
I could care less - 1 (6.7%)
the zune tag and your gamertag are the same? - 1 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune and XBox  (Read 2564 times)
Geekinthepink
zune trooper

Yeah I'm a Geek!

Pinkstartatu
View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 15, 2007, 05:23:26 PM »

tell me what you think and talk about any ideas or questions you may have

glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »

What connection would that be? Not sure what you're talking about. Could you please explain? I haven't heard of this yet....

xxxoom
zune overlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

i don't own an xbox.  Undecided
Geekinthepink
zune trooper

Yeah I'm a Geek!

Pinkstartatu
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:33:44 AM »

rumor has it when the zune was first being mentioned there was some talk about linking it to XBOX live to show off gamerscores and games. that was taken out but would be easily put back with the wifi that the zune has. the main guy that headed the Xbox Media player or as we know it now Zune said that the Zune would link wirelessly to XBox live to check friend lists and to view messages and to view gamercards. As far as i know this feature will be avaliable later on as a patch that will be given on the zune and wont take up any more memory since Zune links to the marketplace through your windows live account ie your .net passport. i know it's still a rumor but it was made to be the XBOX media player thus there is alot on zune.net about linking with xbox 360's it's a matter of time till these rumors become a reality i just want to see who wants it and who knows more about it because from waht i know is from before the zune came out when it was named the XBOX media player. so anyother enlightenment would be awesome.

FOR ALL YOU XBOX360 XBOX LIVE players notice that when you sign up on your zune player on your computer that your ZUNE TAG is the same as your GAMER TAG for XBOX Live
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 12:35:36 AM by Geekinthepink » Logged

Doppleganger 68
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:02:02 AM »

Hey Geekinthepink.  I'm on xbox live all of the time so that all sounds cool.  How did you get your gamer tag in your messages?
Geekinthepink
zune trooper

Yeah I'm a Geek!

Pinkstartatu
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 08:59:11 AM »

to get your tag in your messages go to www.mygamercard.net and put you gamertag into the box labled enter gamertag. pick the type of gamercard you would like (for mine i picked last game played) and hit generate gamercard. click on the forum tab and copy the bbcode and paste it in your signature section

Fraxture
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 09:31:43 AM »

You can even customize the gamertag using third party sites. Cheesy

glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »

Oh, OK. I understand now. That would be very cool for someone like my son who plays online all the time, but I'm more of a solo gamer and don't really go online, so I wouldn't really have much use for it. Thanks for the explanation, Geekinthepink!

Geekinthepink
zune trooper

Yeah I'm a Geek!

Pinkstartatu
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 11:00:49 AM »

I do the solo gaming too but i still think it would be cool to whip out my zune to a friend and be like hey check my achievements on my 360 you know. the gamerscore is more of a bragging right to say the least i know i dont have the highest but for being a teacher and about to go into the airforce i have a pretty high gamerscore to say the least. and to go on my zune and read my messages would be nice even though most of my messages are pictures or voice i still have a few text messages that i would love to read if i was out and about so overall what i'm saying is XBOX AND MICROSOFT GET THIS FEATURE ON MY ZUNE!!! lol

Doppleganger 68
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

Thanks.  It works great.
GK86
zune master

You and your third dimension.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »

I do the solo gaming too but i still think it would be cool to whip out my zune to a friend and be like hey check my achievements on my 360 you know. the gamerscore is more of a bragging right to say the least i know i dont have the highest but for being a teacher and about to go into the airforce i have a pretty high gamerscore to say the least. and to go on my zune and read my messages would be nice even though most of my messages are pictures or voice i still have a few text messages that i would love to read if i was out and about so overall what i'm saying is XBOX AND MICROSOFT GET THIS FEATURE ON MY ZUNE!!! lol

Yeah I would love if they put the Live Anywhere feature on the Zune.

Master Shake: But look, I mean...is he gonna be able to chase us? `Cuz if I woke up lookin' like that, I would just run toward the nearest living thing and kill it.
glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »

It syncs your messages too? That would really be useful for my son. He has a gold Live membership (mine's only the silver) and he gets TONS of messages. I'm probably going to be getting him a white Zune before long and that whole Live thing would be some bonus.

Geekinthepink
zune trooper

Yeah I'm a Geek!

Pinkstartatu
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 12:25:36 AM »

white zune white xbox 360 dang that's going to be pimped out lol i went with the black because i have to wear black and i love the color blue. but it's all good another awesome plus would be one of the skins from decalgirl.com there are some awesome skins that would really match with the 360's theme i'm such a product plugger on here but they dont give me anything!!! also the belkin acrlic clear case a must have for any teenager... ok anyone that owns a zune it's a must own because for only 30 bux it keeps your zune safe and free from being messed up. lol again why do i plug these products they dont give me anything but i do it because i want everyone to get the most out of their Zunes and to keep them safe

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List