Zunerama logo   
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 06:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune to reach Europe in 2007?  (Read 3496 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:30:35 PM »

From the Zunerama blog:

Zune could launch in Europe before the end of 2007, according to a Washington Post story that ran this weekend.

The Post quotes Microsoft's marketing director Jason Reindorp as saying that Microsoft wasn't ready to officially announce a launch date, but that it could be out before year's end.

Reindorp noted the importance of the Christmas holiday season in launch cycles, and said that Microsoft's "next round of introductions will probably be in time for the holiday of this year."

We already have several forum members from the United Kingdom, who jumped through hoops to acquire Zune players and get them shipped overseas. They're able to use the Zune software to rip CDs and load their Zunes with content, and can play back music, photos, videos, and FM.

So what will they gain when Zune launches in Europe?

- They'll be able to open Zune Marketplace accounts - which presently require a credit card with a U.S. address
- Zune Technical Support for overseas users should improve. Currently they're less-than-helpful with callers who are outside the official Zune launch zone.
- Microsoft is planning focus groups to determine how Zune can be modified for European consumers.

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 12:09:46 AM »

Right on, good news for our European Zuners.  Smiley

GK86
zune master

You and your third dimension.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:15:34 AM »

I thought it was suppose to come out mid- 07?  Why would it take so long to come out in Europe?

Master Shake: But look, I mean...is he gonna be able to chase us? `Cuz if I woke up lookin' like that, I would just run toward the nearest living thing and kill it.
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »

Some of it might be sales distribution logistics - what retailers get it, etc. I may be missing something, but it seems that Marketplace would convert easily to other currencies given that it uses Microsoft Points as a universal currency.

Some of the time might be involved in getting record label agreements to sell Marketplace content outside the U.S...?

Alzando
zune dog

See you zune

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 03:19:01 PM »

I'm from the UK and I can't wait to have support for my zune over here. Right now I'm pretty scared of it breaking some how and me being totally screwed!  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List