Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2014, 12:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zune Pass songs can be loaded onto other players - e.g. Creative Zen  (Read 37746 times)
AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »

Zunerama member AIZEE has discovered that the songs that he has downloaded from Zune Pass can be loaded onto his daughter's Creative Zen.

The screen grabs below show the Zune Pass songs being loaded onto a Creative Zen.

We're monitoring to see what happens over time - i.e. if the songs remain available as long as the Zune Pass is maintained. Right now, we're guessing that as long as the Zune Pass is maintained, the DRM should be refreshed on the Creative Zen along with the Zune.

Below is the original post in this thread from Zunerama member AIZEE:

If you use the Zune Pass and download the music onto a different player ( Creative Zen) will the music still expire within the 14 days?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:31:57 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »

Music from Zune Marketplace won't play on a Zen. Marketplace DRM isn't supported by players other than the Zune.

AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »

Music from Zune Marketplace won't play on a Zen. Marketplace DRM isn't supported by players other than the Zune.

On my PC i have zen and zune software. I am able to view and copy all of my zune files into the Zen player, without any problems. My Zen does read the wma. files. I just downloaded 20 songs using the zune pass to my zen, and i am curious will they expire? Does the player or the song recongnize the expiration date?

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 10:19:52 PM »

On my PC i have zen and zune software. I am able to view and copy all of my zune files into the Zen player, without any problems. My Zen does read the wma. files. I just downloaded 20 songs using the zune pass to my zen, and i am curious will they expire? Does the player or the song recongnize the expiration date?

Well in two weeks, you'll definitely see for sure.  It'd be interesting if the tunes decided to stick around...

jerry800
zune commando

Moveover 30, and make space for 80 :]

angry_guy8000@sbcglobal.net
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »

my music continued on the zune software for two extra days and a month longer on the zune without updating the licenses.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 12:55:09 AM »

Can you provide some screenshots that provide evidence of this? e.g. downloading from Zune marketplace, and those songs being then synced to a Zen. I think this is highly interesting.

AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 08:18:23 AM »

Can you provide some screenshots that provide evidence of this? e.g. downloading from Zune marketplace, and those songs being then synced to a Zen. I think this is highly interesting.

This is somthing that my 13 yr old discovered. LOL Here is a pic.

please help, i am recieving an error that my upload folder is full to contact an adminisrator.

Can I email the pics to someone?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 08:27:40 AM by AIIZEE » Logged

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 09:45:23 AM »

Yes, you can email them to me at admin@zunerama.com

Thanks!

glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »

You mean they actually play on the Zen? Boy, would that be a coup. Just wait till MS catches wind of this, lol.

AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »

Yes, you can email them to me at admin@zunerama.com

Thanks!

just sent the pics

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
AIIZEE
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 07:21:25 PM »

My 13 yr old daugther has downloaded aprox. 120 songs to the Zune library and just exports them to the Zen using her Zen application from folder to folder. She is pumped but I did warn her that it might only last for about 15-20 days.  I think its for good. I'll keep all posted.   

You mean they actually play on the Zen? Boy, would that be a coup. Just wait till MS catches wind of this, lol.

My 13 yr old daugther has downloaded aprox. 120 songs to the Zune library and just exports them to the Zen using her Zen application from folder to folder. She is pumped but I did warn her that it might only last for about 15-20 days.  I think its for good. I'll keep all posted.   

Angel SuareZ
A to Z, get it
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 08:24:41 PM »

Got your pics, I will post those to the leading thread of this post, with a short commentary. Thanks - I am VERY curious what happens to those songs as they approach the time where they need to get their DRM refreshed.

I wonder if the songs' availability will be renewed, as long as the Zune Pass is maintained. This would be very significant news. Please keep us posted!!

SpanishClash
zune trooper

All your ipods are belong to us!

1483508 SpanishClash@hotmail.com SpanishClash
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 09:17:28 PM »

Ed...wouldn't it be a good idea to make this thread disappear???  Lips Sealed

Blonderator
zune trooper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 05:20:16 AM »

Yeah, if the songs stay on the Zen, and Microsoft discovers this thread.... somebody would be in trouble for copyright.

Visit my graphic art website. http://blonderator.nytka.org/
A_Str8
zune commando

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »

A while back there was an article (I think on ars technica) that said Zune drm was just normal wma drm with a special tag so the Zune could recognize it. Any marketplace file should play fine on any playsforsure device. I assume teh Zunepass stuff will expire at the same time it expires in the Zune software

NothingExpected.com - Free songs for your Zune
A_Str8's Zune Card

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List