Just a quick run down of how I accomplished the dock.Items used:
DLO Homedock for Zune.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e/002-3850550-5313607?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=dlo+homedock+zune
Pac Audio IR-Xhttp://www.amazon.com/PAC-40kHz-Infrared-Signal-Extender/dp/B000K4YVL0/ref=sr_1_2/002-3850550-5313607?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1182257691&sr=8-2
1. I took apart the dock by removing the 4 screws on the bottom.
2. Carefully remove the top, middle and bottom sections.
3. Slowly remove the circuit board and disconnect the ZIF cable (small ribbon cable)
4. Unscrew the two screws that hold the 'dock port' to the underside of the top panel.
5. Take the top piece with the rear support and use a dremel to shape to the area you intend to mount it at.
6. The 'dock port' piece is what you need to fasten from underneath into the top panel you shaped and mounted in the step above.
7. When you mount the port be sure to keep the angle correct.
8. Next use the Pac Audio IR-X and hot glue the eye to the IR eye on the circuit board of the DLO unit.
9. Wire the IR-X according to the instructions
10. Since the DLO unit actually takes a 12.5V DC it makes it easy to convert to car use. Cut the power wire before the plug. The white striped wire is the positive. make sure you put an in-line fuse of 2 AMPs. Wire the ground on the other end.
(When you wire both the IR-X and the DLO unit try to wire to an accessory lead so its only hot when the key is turned.
Once you have everything wired up run your new IR lead from the IR-X to where you think would be a visible location for your remote. I used a small dab of hot glue to mount mine.
Finally plug in your RCAs cables to the outs on DLO unit and run to you auxiliary inputs on your headunit. Plug in the power and put all your trim panels back together.
and lastly plug your ZIF cable back in.
Enjoy your custom Zune dock.