Zunerama logo Zune HD  
News: Have you seen our Zune Buyer's Guide?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2014, 12:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zunerama Ed. is holding out on us??  (Read 1975 times)
dave
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« on: June 19, 2007, 02:18:46 PM »

I was browsing the Amazon page for the book Zune for Dummies, you know the one someone on this forum is helping to develop.  When I can across this in the book description

They explain the numerous entertaining possibilities of Zune, such as transferring a music collection to your Zune, purchasing new music, connecting with friends who share similar taste in music via ZuneLive!, and hooking Zune to Xbox 360

Zunelive huh?

Well Mr. Zunerama Ed. NDA or not explain away.

pulse
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »

I believe Zunelive.com was the registered site by Microsoft before they changed it to zune.net.  I'm not completely sure though.  I remember reading about it way back in August of last year.
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 02:55:57 PM »

I wish! No, what you're reading is early copy that was put out there for the ZFD book before I got involved.

It really needs to be updated and corrected. I'm not sure where it originated, but the reference to ZuneLive is an error. I think, way back, there was speculation of a Zunelive a la Xbox Live. And somehow that incorrectly got into the advance abstracts for the book.

Besides, I wouldn't hold out on you guys with that kind of info!!

dave
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:18:01 PM »

I dont believe this was a register then change to Zune.net, unless zune.net is suppose to bea place where you can meet other zune people with similar interest (read the section I C&P).  This sounds exactly like the direction Live is taking, with live spaces and other features, a place for social interaction.

While this maybe not in effect right now, I do think it show(ed) a philosophy of where Microsoft wanted to go with the Zune.  I hope it is not delayed or worse yet dropped off of the map.

Personally the best thing MS could do with Zune is to have a Pandora type experience with the Zune Marketplace Pass.  Have the likes and dislikes of music you select prompt other music to download to your Zune.  Create playlists from these that are shareable on a site (hmmm maybe zunelive) with your MSN contact list and other who have very similar taste.

You could make multiple playlist for different musical taste like rock, country, classical, etc.. customized to your listening style.  This would be the ground breaking application, then you could "squirt" this playlist for others Zuners as well.

This functionality would also be cross-functional to the Xbox 360 and it would be one of the devices allowed to share your Zune Pass.

Again these are just my thoughts on the social and connectivity.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List