Zunerama logo   
News: Find Zune accessories

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 10:01:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And so begins...The saga of the iPhone. UPDATE(smashed iPhone Vid included!)  (Read 4451 times)
Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

thehorsmancometh@hotmail.com littlemonster114
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:13:14 PM »

The unboxing of the iPhone was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I already dislike the iPhone and it's ridiculous thin-ness. Check out Engadget for unboxing pics and express your absolute non-ecstaticness for the release of this totally awesome piece of technology

UPDATE!!
Someone smashed an iPhone!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy20b7pCcrY&eurl=
The video Sucks though......
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:31:00 PM by endlessinsanity » Logged

Quote from: Scott Fletcher of Unthinkability.com
Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
ronaldmonster
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »

I think I'll come back to Zunerama once this apple fanboys decide to stop spamming the boards with the iPhone non sense.

AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:14:15 PM »

I think I'll come back to Zunerama once this apple fanboys decide to stop spamming the boards with the iPhone non sense.
Agreed. 

*Leaves*

Zune 30GB Brown | iPod 15GB (3rd Generation)
earbuds: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating
Also in the household: Zune 120 and Zune 30 (Both Black)
Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:31:41 PM »

Hello...I was being sarcastic... do ITALICS mean anything to you?

Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »

how can you hate something like the iPhone? (not being sarcastic btw) this just shows what direction the market is headed and no doubt phones will only get better.  once nokia, or sony ericsson, or sharp, or O2, or eten, or (insert phone company here) make their own versions of the iPhone... well let's just say I can't wait for that day.

Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »

Ok...you've shown me the error of my ways. I'm hating how all people can talk about is the iPhone. Yes, I do realize this is great for the direction phones are going , but, I cant stand people going[Oooooh iPhone this!!!111!!1! and OMG ze Iphn is awesum!!(Ok thats kind of exaggerating)] but anyway...

Oh, and hate is a strong word. I said that I disliked it...It would be nice to have one to work in conjunction with my Apple-pwning Zune.

Well, I am going to Subway now so I will be back to continue commenting here
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:44:08 PM by endlessinsanity » Logged

dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 05:42:22 PM »

Ok...you've shown me the error of my ways. I'm hating how all people can talk about is the iPhone. Yes, I do realize this is great for the direction phones are going , but, I cant stand people going[Oooooh iPhone this!!!111!!1! and OMG ze Iphn is awesum!!(Ok thats kind of exaggerating)] but anyway...

no i completely understand you.  Wink i'm slightly annoyed because there are more phones out there than the iPhone. my friend thought the camera on his RAZR was the best camera out there!  Cheesy

dman762000
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:46:31 AM »

You know aside from all the hate/love, fanboy/hater commentary, lets look at the important thing, where did those kids get 600 bucks to throw away?
FearTheTerp
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 02:29:09 AM »

Kids are so spoiled these days.  They spend money out of their ass and aren't smart enough to contribute back to society.

From looking at the iPhone, its an amazing piece of technology.  No doubt about it, Apple really worked their asses off on this product.  The price tag alone its repulsive and should've spelled its doom (PS3 anyone?), but the hype surrounding the product basically ensured its success come launch time and encouraged people with too much money or horrible money management or just plain old spoiled people to camp out in line and buy it

Hopefully as time goes on, a companies, even apple can release a cheaper product like the iPhone, but until then, I love my Zune, and find it much better then the iPod
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 07:39:31 PM »

Kids are so spoiled these days.  They spend money out of their ass and aren't smart enough to contribute back to society.

From looking at the iPhone, its an amazing piece of technology.  No doubt about it, Apple really worked their asses off on this product.  The price tag alone its repulsive and should've spelled its doom (PS3 anyone?), but the hype surrounding the product basically ensured its success come launch time and encouraged people with too much money or horrible money management or just plain old spoiled people to camp out in line and buy it

Hopefully as time goes on, a companies, even apple can release a cheaper product like the iPhone, but until then, I love my Zune, and find it much better then the iPod

Word Wink

udahman
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

I would like to remind people that the 1st generation iPod at 5gb and 10gb in 2001 costs $399 and $499 and was only available on the Mac

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/consumer_electronics/stats/ipod.html

In 2002, the 2nd Gen. (Windows-ready) iPod was available at $299 5gb, $399 10gb and $499 20gb. And that's when the iPod really took off in terms of sales. IMO, that's a LOT of money to pay for just an audio player. And that was 5 years ago!

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/consumer_electronics/stats/ipod_2ndgen.html

Back then, the iPod was clearly not the first DAP, but the first done really well. Just think of the pioneers like Creative and Archos. Where are they now? This goes to prove that if you come to market with the best product available, you're guaranteed success.

So if anyone wants to argue that just because something is "too expensive" it won't do well. You're wrong. We live in an image-conscious America, the land of credit cards and status symbols. If it's hip and does what I want, and does it well. People will buy it, regardless of price, and in masses! Of course this is sad that we live in such a materialistic society. And another reason why 3rd world countries hates Americans. We're spoiled. But we love it!
tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 10:41:35 PM »

Preach on brother, preach on. Grin

dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 10:56:00 PM »

I would like to remind people that the 1st generation iPod at 5gb and 10gb in 2001 costs $399 and $499 and was only available on the Mac

take into account inflation and WOW!

mmmwww
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 12:57:53 AM »

You guys realize the iPhone wasn't the first smart phone right? And that it is over hyped and over priced (just like everything apple makes.)

<div><div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"></div><div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zcards.zune.net/xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fzcards.zune.net%2fzcard
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:16 AM »

Apple has make the Iphone durable, so unlike the Ipod it wait scratch or break as easily.  If you paying attention to that video you will realize it did not take guys in the video less than a minute to break the device.  I want the Zune team to make 2 thinner, but just as durable or close to the first Gen Zune.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,133636-pg,1/article.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List