Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 03:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Zune Headphones work on Iphone  (Read 1965 times)
Bond007
zune master

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »

LOL many of the third party headphones don't work on the Iphone, but the Zune headphones are one of the few that actually work.

Man people paid $500 to $600 and many of their 3 third party headphones don't work on Iphone.

You'll need to buy a $10 headphone adapter if you want most third party headphones to function correctly, which sounds like a great business plan to us: just break an important device function, and sell the solution for fun and profit.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/30/iphone-doesnt-work-with-most-3rd-party-headphones/

dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 02:10:59 PM »

i wonder why that is?  Huh (i'm looking for the technical explanation... preferably laid out in layman's terms but that's optional)

pulse
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »

i wonder why that is?  Huh (i'm looking for the technical explanation... preferably laid out in layman's terms but that's optional)

The headphone jack on the iPhone is recessed, so headphones with more plastic around the jack will not fit.
namsiuH
zune trooper

Power_to_the_misfits@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 12:56:18 PM »

As far as I know the ipod-headphones and the zune-headphones are pretty much the same except for the color and the fact that the zune ones have magnetic strips (which I love, too bad my headphones broke)

namsiuH

"As long as there is one smoldering ember on the barbecue of justice, you can still cook a mighty steak of victory!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List