Zunerama logo   
News: Read the latest in our Zune blog

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 03:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big day  (Read 2382 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:28:25 PM »

From our Zune blog:

It's a common sight every June. Auditoriums, gymnasiums, city centers, and hockey arenas everywhere fill up for countless cap-and-gown ceremonies.

I don't think much about it. Even my own graduation didn't leave a particularly strong impression with me.

But last night, I see my little girl walk alone down the runway. Eyes shining, diploma in hand. Amidst the frenzy of my shutter, I hear the proud applause, the cheering of her classmates.

And I know I'm witness to a cleaving. With every step, her high school life - her life with us - retreats ever so slightly behind her.

I think briefly of all those steps, from her very first uncertain ones, to today. She embraces her teary Mom. In a moment, her little sisters run up to give her congratulatory hugs.

While she leaves high school with awards and accolades, I'm most thankful for less showy things. Her kindness to people and animals. How she calls me "Papa". Her beautiful smile, and loud laugh. The respect she shows me and her mother. Her ability to make jokes at her own expense. The way she charts her life, unapologetically and head-on. I describe her as fearless, but I know that's not true. She does have courage, and determination well beyond her years.

So now she has graduated. I will never hear the horns of "Pomp and Circumstance" in the same way; it's burned into the soundtrack of my life's memories.

In a few weeks, she'll be off for the big city. More "big girl" steps. Moving her into her dorm. Watching as she meets the new people entering her life. Driving away.

Sometimes life comes at you gently and lazily. Other times, like this week, it leaps at you and pulls you hungrily into new places.

Congratulations, Celeste. May you always walk with angels overhead.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:10:43 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

pulse
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »

Congratulations, Celeste!   I graduated last year and it was definately a life-changing event.  You know you have a great daughter when she helps you make review videos of Zune products!   Cheesy

Any plans in college?  Majors?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 05:00:09 PM by pulse » Logged
Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »

I "awwwed" Smiley

Congrats Celeste.  Kick butt in college!

zuneamama
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »

Cry That was beautiful!  I am so proud of you Celeste....you go girl!  And Harv your writing skills are getting better all the time.
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 10:59:24 PM »

Congrats Celeste. I graduated a month ago  Cool

Where's she going for college and what's she majoring in?

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »

She's going to a dramatic arts academy - acting for film will be her focus

coot66
Global Moderator
zune master

The Coot King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 07:04:14 AM »

Graduated a few weeks back. Congrats to Celeste!

-The Graduated Coot66

Retired Zune Master/Ambassador. Zune Enthusiast. Zunerama Moderator.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List