Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 09:35:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Zune?  (Read 8482 times)
amyjones09
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:51:34 PM »

I was wondering what makes you want to have a zune over any other music player?
Vasquez CP1
zune master

It's a Mii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:58:19 PM »

I chose Zune because of the screen size and the fact that it wasn't an Ipod. Most of my music collection (at the time) was WMA and I didn't want to deal with switching to Itunes music. I've since started ripping my CDs to MP3.

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

http://social.zune.net/member/vasquezcp1

JIGGY24
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:12:46 PM »

I chose Zune because of the screen size and the fact that it wasn't an Ipod. Most of my music collection (at the time) was WMA and I didn't want to deal with switching to Itunes music. I've since started ripping my CDs to MP3.

Same here, the screen size is lovely.
Topher
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 09:35:56 PM »

I love the Zune's UI(especially the new upcoming one).  iPod touch is out of the question for me as of now, and I prefer the Zunes bigger screen in comparison to the classic.  Lastly, I detest iTunes.

Trastan
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 12:04:51 AM »

It may seem a bit silly, but I bought my Zune not because I thought it was the best player, or because I love the screen size, or  the wireless sharing. I bought it because I saw the direction that Microsoft was going. I saw them taking the same approach with the Zune as with their XBox franchise. I saw them link the accounts/Gamertag together, and I saw the beginnings of an ecosystem that could bring a series of intelligent products into one cohesive system. Even if that didn't happen with the first devices, I wanted in on the ground floor (just as I was with the original XBox), because I want to be able to watch it grow.

Even if you aren't a personal user of the XBox, Zune, or Vista, anyone who's not pre-biased (towards Apple, Linux, what have you) should be able to see what Microsoft is working towards. That's exactly what these tech blogs and review sites keep ignoring: this is a progressive system. It's understandable for them to point fingers at the original XBox or Zune, claiming that they're not revolutionary enough at launch. What's being ignored is how Microsoft has some brilliant minds behind these products, and that the ecosystem that they're creating, while slow and steady in its design, is allowing them to find errors early on, and make excellent subsequent products.

Case in point is how the original Zune wasn't released anywhere but the U.S.. While this fact disappointed many overseas, this allowed Microsoft to work out bugs, listen to real-world feedback, and get a better gameplan in place for the future on a much smaller and more controlled scale. This way they have more control over any issues, should they arise, and, once the true design is released (V2 of the Zune software and firmware, and the XBox 360 as versus the original XBox), they're able to go full-boar into the project, and bring it closer to their actual vision.

Am I happy with what they're bringing on Nov. 13? Heck yes. I look forward the ZuneSocial.net website tremendously, the new and unique software, and, while less revolutionary, the hardware and firmware as well. However, these are still just precursors to the finished (if it can ever be called that) product.

Microsoft said, time and again, "Don't buy the original Zune expecting new features. Buy it only for what it is right now." Yet, what happened? A revision and addition so grand in scope and original in design that no one saw it coming, and all of the early adopters are on board.

For me, it isn't about being a Microsoft fanboy or iPod hater. It's the fact that, as I see it, Microsoft has the best people, the best ideas, and the most reliable, long-term plan of any tech company. I see the Zune taking tremendous marketshare in the future, as more people discover the device's benefits and the Social becomes a revolutionary service. I see Apple and Sony playing catch up as they watch Microsoft, the so-called selfish corporate conglomerate, plow ahead of them not only on design and technology, but also customer service and awareness.

Microsoft, like all others, is still a faceless corporation with the single goal of making money, just like Sony, Apple, etc.. What sets them apart is that, finally, they're listening to what the consumers want, putting forth the effort to earn their trust, and showing that they can design products and services that are unmatched by their competitors all the while. In an age where companies like Apple lose sight of their consumer base and history, Microsoft is showing that you can make a successful business WHILE keeping the consumer's needs paramount. It's not easy to lose the "evil" image that Microsoft has earned itself over the years, just as people still cling to the classic Apple of yore. More than an excellent product, it takes time.

Their newfound openness, philosophies, and the brilliant minds that I see working at Microsoft impress me like no other company. They know what they're doing, and I want to be there every step of the way.

darkzero63
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »

Two words- ZUNE PASS....

Until IPod offers something similar I will not even consider going with an apple product.
xxxoom
zune overlord

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 12:26:19 AM »

You mean the Zune isn't made by Apple?!?  Shocked
korneel
zune commando

nu_ikke@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 02:36:00 AM »

With the zune, it was love at first sight Kiss

mszune.nl - forum mod & blog poster
scorey00
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 04:18:26 AM »

It may seem a bit silly, but I bought my Zune not because I thought it was the best player, or because I love the screen size, or  the wireless sharing. I bought it because I saw the direction that Microsoft was going. I saw them taking the same approach with the Zune as with their XBox franchise. 
. . . 
Their newfound openness, philosophies, and the brilliant minds that I see working at Microsoft impress me like no other company. They know what they're doing, and I want to be there every step of the way.

my exact thoughts.  i was in on the original XBoX, the X360, and Zune.  i look forward to the 2.0 firmware, and probably a new Zune in the near future.

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 06:44:30 AM »

Screen size, FM tuner...huge AA support...future firmware updates (that are just arrriving), newly released DAP on the market when I was looking for one...price/capacity ratio...NO CLOCK! :p...inexpensive.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

mmmwww
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »

Nice screen
My library was mostly WMAs
Subscription Service

<div><div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"></div><div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://zcards.zune.net/xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fzcards.zune.net%2fzcard
JIGGY24
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 07:59:57 AM »

It may seem a bit silly, but I bought my Zune not because I thought it was the best player, or because I love the screen size, or  the wireless sharing. I bought it because I saw the direction that Microsoft was going. I saw them taking the same approach with the Zune as with their XBox franchise. I saw them link the accounts/Gamertag together, and I saw the beginnings of an ecosystem that could bring a series of intelligent products into one cohesive system. Even if that didn't happen with the first devices, I wanted in on the ground floor (just as I was with the original XBox), because I want to be able to watch it grow.

Even if you aren't a personal user of the XBox, Zune, or Vista, anyone who's not pre-biased (towards Apple, Linux, what have you) should be able to see what Microsoft is working towards. That's exactly what these tech blogs and review sites keep ignoring: this is a progressive system. It's understandable for them to point fingers at the original XBox or Zune, claiming that they're not revolutionary enough at launch. What's being ignored is how Microsoft has some brilliant minds behind these products, and that the ecosystem that they're creating, while slow and steady in its design, is allowing them to find errors early on, and make excellent subsequent products.

Case in point is how the original Zune wasn't released anywhere but the U.S.. While this fact disappointed many overseas, this allowed Microsoft to work out bugs, listen to real-world feedback, and get a better gameplan in place for the future on a much smaller and more controlled scale. This way they have more control over any issues, should they arise, and, once the true design is released (V2 of the Zune software and firmware, and the XBox 360 as versus the original XBox), they're able to go full-boar into the project, and bring it closer to their actual vision.

Am I happy with what they're bringing on Nov. 13? Heck yes. I look forward the ZuneSocial.net website tremendously, the new and unique software, and, while less revolutionary, the hardware and firmware as well. However, these are still just precursors to the finished (if it can ever be called that) product.

Microsoft said, time and again, "Don't buy the original Zune expecting new features. Buy it only for what it is right now." Yet, what happened? A revision and addition so grand in scope and original in design that no one saw it coming, and all of the early adopters are on board.

For me, it isn't about being a Microsoft fanboy or iPod hater. It's the fact that, as I see it, Microsoft has the best people, the best ideas, and the most reliable, long-term plan of any tech company. I see the Zune taking tremendous marketshare in the future, as more people discover the device's benefits and the Social becomes a revolutionary service. I see Apple and Sony playing catch up as they watch Microsoft, the so-called selfish corporate conglomerate, plow ahead of them not only on design and technology, but also customer service and awareness.

Microsoft, like all others, is still a faceless corporation with the single goal of making money, just like Sony, Apple, etc.. What sets them apart is that, finally, they're listening to what the consumers want, putting forth the effort to earn their trust, and showing that they can design products and services that are unmatched by their competitors all the while. In an age where companies like Apple lose sight of their consumer base and history, Microsoft is showing that you can make a successful business WHILE keeping the consumer's needs paramount. It's not easy to lose the "evil" image that Microsoft has earned itself over the years, just as people still cling to the classic Apple of yore. More than an excellent product, it takes time.

What a great read, I didnt feel like typing that much, i glad you did, because I agree with you 100%. If people really open there eyes and really understand what MS is trying to do. It would be a no brainer why you want a aune Smiley
thenumberdevil
zune rockstar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 08:30:38 AM »

... Microsoft said, time and again, "Don't buy the original Zune expecting new features. Buy it only for what it is right now." Yet, what happened? A revision and addition so grand in scope and original in design that no one saw it coming, and all of the early adopters are on board ...

The entire post is very well done ... worth a front page blog.

I especially like the part I have quoted above ... that alone is what I have been wanting to scream aloud at all the whiners and complainers ...

Great job Trastan.

tomjennings83
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »

dang with all of this it sounds like a great product.
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »

I blogged Trastan's post. LINK

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List