Zunerama logo   
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 03:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing: XNA Game Studio 3.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP)  (Read 16807 times)
segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2008, 02:18:34 PM »

Announcing: XNA Game Studio 3.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP)
David "LetsKillDave" Weller

Program Manager - XNA Community

Today, we are delivering the first Community Technical Preview (CTP) of XNA Game Studio 3.0, giving you the ability to build games for the entire family of Zune media devices.  This feature gives you access to the majority of the XNA framework APIs while retaining a seamless sense of integration with the Zune media experience.  In addition, this release now requires either Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition and higher (C# language support must be installed), or Visual C# 2008 Express Edition.

Keeping with Zune media experience, the XNA Game Studio 3.0 integration includes discoverability/access to user’s non-DRM music – allowing you to customize background soundtracks or create real-time visualizations.  In addition, we’ve announced the ability to have multiple nearby Zunes wirelessly engage in an ad-hoc social gaming experience. 

A preview release of XNA Game Studio 3.0 is now available through the XNA Creators Club Online site (http://creators.xna.com), with a final release scheduled for the holiday 2008 season.  For those of you that prefer the shortest path to happiness, the direct link to the XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP is here.

There’s three other important things we want you to know before you dig in:

Either Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition and higher (C# language support must be installed), or Visual C# 2008 Express Edition are required to install and run the XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP.  Visual Studio 2005 SKUs are not supported with XNA Game Studio 3.0 and beyond.  However, you do not need to uninstall Visual Studio 2005 or XNA Game Studio 2.0, as those products will work side-by-side with Visual Studio 2008 and XNA Game Studio 3.0 CTP.
This current CTP does not enable Xbox 360 game development.  Only Windows and Zune are supported in this CTP.  If you want to build and deploy games for the Xbox 360, you must continue using XNA Game Studio 2.0 for now.
This CTP doesn't work in 64 bit yet.  We plan to support it before RTM.

We hope you have fun with this CTP, and we look forward to your feedback on this product!

P.S. – In case you find a bug or want to suggest a new feature, please be sure to post it to the XNA Game Studio Connect website.

Published Wednesday, May 07, 2008 7:06 AM by XNABlog

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »

Games are available......
http://blogs.msdn.com/xna/archive/2008/05/07/announcing-xna-game-studio-3-0-community-technical-preview-ctp.aspx

HOW TO INSTALL
*Starts Working*

If you guys wanna delpoy these games now, you'll need to download Visual Studio 2008 C# Express Edition & The XNA 3.0 CTP Release, then open the project source and deploy to your Zune.

SETTING UP YOUR ZUNE: After download XNA CTP 3.0 ( and after already ahving installed VS C#2008 Express)
1) Make sure you uninstall any existing Games for Windows Live Redistributables (These cause install errors)

2) Run the Installer

3) After install, Open C#2008

4) On the menu bars at the top, on te second row there is an icon of a Monitor with a cross on it; click this

5) This opens the device center. Click add new device. Plug in your Zune, and ensure the Zune program is closed

6) After registering your device, you can now delpoy games to your Zune; enjoy!

GAMES:

Allien Aggressors
http://nick.gravelyn.com/2008/05/07/alien-aggressors-zune-edition/

Galactic Wars 3 (Zune - Source) (Thanks Ricardo Dawkins)
http://focusedgames.com/downloads/GW3_050708.zip

Thanks Johnny @ Zunescene forums

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »

Thanks Ricardo...I'm gonna try this right now...once these things download.  Once I do all this, does it make a new menu item for games on the main screen? 

Ricardo have you got this to work on any of your Zunes yet?...I'll let you know how it goes for me when I'm done Smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:44:26 PM by AK Water » Logged

Zune 30GB Brown | iPod 15GB (3rd Generation)
earbuds: Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating
Also in the household: Zune 120 and Zune 30 (Both Black)
segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »

Ok I download everthing. Aded my Zune device, now I am ready to add the games but not sure how yet.

edit: never mind i figured it out, curently deploying!!!!

Got the first game going, te other one said somethng about folder error so I couldn't deploy it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:14:35 PM by segadc » Logged

AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 05:41:47 PM »

I kept getting errors while trying to connect my Zune with the XNA Device Manager program...I'm thinking its cause I was running Windows x64...anyone able to get it to work in x64?  I'm trying x86 now, as I did read something about something not working in 64 Bit...although I'm not sure what exactly that was for. 

segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 05:52:03 PM »

Good luck! yeah xna game studio or whatever on works for 32bit windows (XP and vista) for now.

AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »

Good luck! yeah xna game studio or whatever on works for 32bit windows (XP and vista) for now.
Yeah I'm trying it in Vista x86 now...too bad it doesn't work in x64 just yet. 

segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:03:35 PM »

Only problem with the game is once you exit it always resets your Zune. But this was just a test game i believe.

AK Water
zune rockstar

Zune + iPod Owner

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 06:41:46 PM »

Yeah both games seem to do that...well I'm sure that won't be like that in the final version. 

If anyone finds more games...or updated versions of these, then please post them.  It would be nice if the Zune did not restart everytime I try to quit a game.  Also the Alien game works better it seems. 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:01:07 PM by AK Water » Logged

spencerjf
zune commando

Good Times, Bad Times, I know I'v Had My Share.

spencerjf13 spencerjf@ymail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »

Works great... I wish there were more games though. I was looking for that Space Shooter game that they used to demonstrate when they first anounced it

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 07:26:07 PM »

Yeah both games seem to do that...well I'm sure that won't be like that in the final version. 

If anyone finds more games...or updated versions of these, then please post them.  It would be nice if the Zune did not restart everytime I try to quit a game.  Also the Alien game works better it seems. 
Galactic Wars works best with the 2nd Gen. Zunes touch controls.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

jerry800
zune commando

Moveover 30, and make space for 80 :]

angry_guy8000@sbcglobal.net
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »

i got the games working except that galatic wars one it only shots does not move i think i need the touch pad im trying it on my zune 30  Undecided Cry

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

i got the games working except that galatic wars one it only shots does not move i think i need the touch pad im trying it on my zune 30  Undecided Cry
You need to change the coding on the source files for support on Zune 30 dpad.

jerry800
zune commando

Moveover 30, and make space for 80 :]

angry_guy8000@sbcglobal.net
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 11:32:26 PM »

You need to change the coding on the source files for support on Zune 30 dpad.

Okay, well can anyone help with that because i am not computer illiterate but neither bill gates status. So my question is how do i change the coding?

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 12:56:17 AM »

http://www.zunescene.mobi/forums/index.php?topic=37503.msg452211#msg452211

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List