Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 03:16:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: red zune 80  (Read 7184 times)
scoutflyer
zune master

lookin' ahead

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »

I have yet to see any real life pictures of the red zune 80, im considering upgrading from my 30 to an 80 and am having a hard time picking between red and black, both seem to look really nice, however I would like to see a red one. If anybody has one or has any real life (not marketing) pictures of it, please share. :-) Thank you

[scout over and out]

"to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre
 Touch the Sky
 Road To State NHS-CC-07
 [Day of Reckoning 11/24/07]
Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=red+zune&s=rec

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »

The red Zune 80 is really, really tempting.

Really. I was almost tempted to buy one that was used (online) because it was only $135.

Casey
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »

Get the red!  Smiley  I have the red zune 8 and I love it.    I want a Zune 80 - but will wait until I get a new computer, so it'll be awhile.  I do love the red, though.

Blackie
zune rockstar

I am a Geek

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:47:29 AM »

Ive never even seen a Zune 80 in the wild

Bill Gates: "We are not the hardware company that Apple is, but Apple is not the software company that we are"
scoutflyer
zune master

lookin' ahead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »

perfect! thanks for the pictures.. it really is pretty glossy and bright it seems like.. I think I prefer the black on that note.

Touch the Sky
 Road To State NHS-CC-07
scoutflyer
zune master

lookin' ahead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 01:10:36 PM »

after further inspecting the pictures.. he just photoshopped a black one. Once again, are there any in-the-wild red zune 80 pictures out there??!

Touch the Sky
 Road To State NHS-CC-07
Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 02:44:55 PM »

Why not a quick Google/Yahoo search?

I do know there are atleast two different variations of the red Zune 80, a Valentine's day red, and a 'normal' red, which are slightly different in color. One's darker than the other or something like that. Here's a quick Yahoo image search for a red Zune 80

Edit: Right here on Zunerama it shows (small) images of the lighter red Valentine's red, and the standard darker red, with links to the source and larger images.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:48:18 PM by Darkblade » Logged

scoutflyer
zune master

lookin' ahead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 05:17:10 PM »

i did a google search and nothing came up

Touch the Sky
 Road To State NHS-CC-07
scoutflyer
zune master

lookin' ahead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 05:18:24 PM »

and a side note, all of the pictures that turned up from your yahoo search are identical to the guys flickr images posted earlier, which some of them at least appear to be photoshopped. and its hard to see anything in them anyway.

Touch the Sky
 Road To State NHS-CC-07
Trastan
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »

Only some of those pictures are 'shopped, and that was only to make the pictures grayscale. The full-color pictures of the red Zune are obviously quite real, as the black doesn't have the doubleshot effect to begin with.

That thing looks gorgeous.  Shocked

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 09:43:08 PM »

Saw a Red 80 at my local bb this afternoon. And now I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! I really liked it. Not that the black one is bad, but the red one just kind of calls at you....If you know what I mean.
My 30 is working just fine, but a couple of the kids have returned home from college for the summer and all of a sudden my Zune is like....gone? Along with the speaker system I bought at Xmas time. Huh
Oh, yeah and now there are a couple Ipods that I bought them, just sitting around the house collecting dust, while MY Zune is out getting a work out between two people and probably out its case, and passed around! Angry  Oh, the horror!!!!!
I have pretty much made up my mind that an 80 is what I want, and honestly the red is really cool. But man, I can not pull the trigger, its 250 bucks for crying out loud and doesn't have EQ.
Somebody please give me a real good reason besides the added space (that my wife will buy into) why I should not march on down to bb tomorrow and get that little red hottie.

Jander
Global Moderator
zune overlord

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 09:52:41 PM »

its 250 bucks for crying out loud and doesn't have EQ

No EQ was on purpose. Ya get better battery life, and better overall sound. The Zune team evidently went to great lengths to ensure top quality throughout the signal path - delivering 32 ohms of signal to the headsets. $250 on the other hand, well if ya want to red, you might have to pony that up. But you might be able to find a deal on the black 80 online.

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

its 250 bucks for crying out loud and doesn't have EQ

No EQ was on purpose. Ya get better battery life, and better overall sound. The Zune team evidently went to great lengths to ensure top quality throughout the signal path - delivering 32 ohms of signal to the headsets. $250 on the other hand, well if ya want to red, you might have to pony that up. But you might be able to find a deal on the black 80 online.
Honestly? I am trusting you here! I mess with the the EQ all the time on my 30 between tracks and artists, and really dont have a battery problem at all.
It just bugs me that as a user you dont have control over how you want your tracks to sound.
The lack of EQ has really kept me from getting an 80, untill I saw the red one, Damm!

Trastan
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »

The Zune 80's sound is excellent outright, no doubt about that. However, if you're someone who utilizes an equalizer constantly on their player, I'd have to suggest that you have the wrong set of headphones. Always look first to your headphones, and THEN to the player when trying to get the sound that you want (assuming that your player is reasonable).

What are you using now?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List