Zunerama logo Zune HD  
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 02:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use Zune 2.5 features to pack more music with you  (Read 1691 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:15:22 AM »

From our Zune blog:

The spring update provides a way to have Zune software adjust the bitrate (and thus the size and quality) of music  tracks that get synced to your player.

Jason Dunn of Zune Thoughts has prepared another of his excellent how-to videos, showing how this feature works.

As the video shows, you can set this option differently for each player that you own. So, for your smaller-capacity players, you can drop the bitrate of your synced music tracks to, for example, 128 Kbps - while keeping larger, higher-quality files on your larger players.

Vasquez CP1
zune master

It's a Mii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:20:18 AM »

that's cool. I'd trade a bit of quality for being able to take more music with me.

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

http://social.zune.net/member/vasquezcp1

typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

I was SO glad to see this feature offered again.

Last summer, when I first got my 30, I decided to finally sit down and systematically rip my entire CD collection as a permanent digital archive.  I ripped everything to WMA Lossless to preserve 100% of the audio.  It worked great at the time, since I could keep the big copies on my PC and take almost-as-good VBR WMAs with me on my Zune.  After 2.0 dropped the feature, I couldn't fit close to my entire collection of the device anymore.  Not a nightmare (especially since I got a Zune Pass and hardly bother with my own files now), but it was definitely a loss I noticed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List