Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 03:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vancouver party heralds the Canadian Zune launch  (Read 2726 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 10, 2008, 11:26:51 AM »

From our Zune blog:

ZuneWidow and I attended the first Canadian launch party for Zune, in Vancouver last night.

(See blog post for a short video of the event.)

We're not a natural fit for the edgy crowd that this party attracted, but we shared a Red Stripe stubby while we milled around. Some friendly spokesladies were talking up the Zune 8s and 80s, and handing out demo players for people to try.

The reps were all Canadian - I checked - so it appears that no Canadian-content rules were violated. Smiley

They were using a couple of "Tickle Me" Zune kiosks - which I hadn't seen before at other events. You can see more pics of those below.

The walls were draped with Zune art, and we picked up some limited-edition prints from Zune Original artist Meomi. We learned from a Riot publicist at the event, that different Zune Original artists will be featured at each event.

Zune becomes available in Canada on June 13. The Zune party wagon rolls east, with launch parties coming up in Edmonton and Calgary next week, followed by Winnipeg, Toronto, and Halifax. And, we learned last night that a seventh city - Montreal - has been added to the party plans.

You can see more details, and RSVP to attend, at the Canadian comingzune site.

The event was at the Sweatshop on Hastings St.

Doors are opening! We got in early, apparently because we had RSVP'd from the Zune.ca site. We were "on the list"... first time that's happened!!

One of the reps with the Tickle Me kiosk

Another listening station. The kiosks had Zune 8s and 80s planted in them, with headphones.

I am really not that short.

ZuneWidow gets a limited-edition print by Zune Originals artist Meomi.

Lots of that artsy Zune-style graphics covered the walls.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:16:42 PM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »

That "Tickle Me" kiosk is great.
Libb
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 05:55:46 PM »

Now that college is out, maybe my (Zune-owning and non-Zuner) friends and I will roadtrip up to Toronto and partake in the Canuck Zune festivities...
tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »

A  Red Stripe stubby. Grin Grin Don't have that around here, but everytime I visit my son in Portland I pick up a few, ok more than a few, to take back home.
Just wondering are our good friends up north excited about the Zune finally being released in their country?

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »

They are using my AKGs K26p on those kiosks. Cheesy

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

Just wondering are our good friends up north excited about the Zune finally being released in their country?

Oh yes, I think so, judging from my Canadian friends and relatives. A lot of them wonder why it hasn't been available sooner.

zuneamama
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:11:34 AM »

Zunewidow really looks to be taking all this in....I mean, like she must be learning something.  Cool  Will Zunerama be attending more events in Canada? 
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:00:08 AM »

^ I cannot, given my work schedule - - but hopefully some of our Canadian members will attend and tell us about them!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List