Zunerama logo Zune HD  
News: Check out the Zune FAQ

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 22, 2014, 06:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please do not directly link the download URLS!  (Read 2418 times)
lpxxfaintxx
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »

Hi Zuners,

Yes, I am just as excited about Zune Games as you are. However, I'd like to make a request. Please try to link the games to the originally submitted forum threads/blog posts regardless of where you get it from. Aside from being respectful to the creator(s), there are also several other reasons:

1. Games may be updated. I don't think people would like old, outdated program if there's much better and newer versions out!

2. A place for support. I'm sure the game developers themselves will provide the best help possible to users having troubles with their game.

3. In return, we will never directly link to your game! We'll always link to the download/info page, not the download URL.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:23 PM »

That is a reasonable request, and I support it.

Thanks, lpxx.

Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:20:40 PM »

I usually try to avoid a direct link to the download, but there were one or two in my posts under the Games and Applications list.

I just fixed them (and updated them).

segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 05:26:52 AM »

I understand fully. It will take awhile to fix all the links but I will do my best. Thanks.

SimReality
lil zuner

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for doing this. In those first few days a lot of us (well, the two or three of us programmers) who made games were pretty upset to see videos, images, and links all over with no real credit. I'm glad you guys are being respectful of that. Can't wait to get some more games done for you guys.

Nick Gravelyn - Microsoft XNA MVP
http://nick.gravelyn.com
Zune Games - http://nick.gravelyn.com/zune-games/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List