Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2014, 05:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shorty, we hardly knew ye  (Read 2981 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 18, 2008, 10:57:20 AM »

From our Zune blog:

We're on our way to Atlanta today, with three charged-up Zune players. I'm dozing while daughter #2 watches The Incredibles on my Zune 80GB.

She taps me. "Hey, look, there's another Zune!" She shows me the Nearby screen on her 8GB.

Oops, not supposed to have wireless on when we're airborne. Still, thought I'd send a quick "hello" to our unknown fellow Zuner before turning wireless off.

The result was below.

Foiled! I guess Shorty hasn't updated his player to Zune 2.5 yet... and can't accept a wireless send from an updated Zune.

I guess it has only been 11 days since the 2.5 release. I wonder how many Zuners haven't experienced the goodness of this update yet!?

LunarFlame17
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

Poor shorty. Well, not everyone is hardcore about updating firmware/software immediately. I have yet to update my Zune 30 to firmware 2.5, but that's only because I never use it. I'm too busy using my 8 and my 80.  I'll update the 30 eventually. Maybe.

Novasoccer
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

I had the same thing happen at school the other day! I saw "drusila" on wireless, and was all excited, so I tried to send this pic.. and it said "cannot send, drusilla needs an update". The only person I've seen at my school using a 2.0 updated zune 30, is the person I told to update. No one else even knows you can update from 1.0 firmware.
PirateStef
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:47:34 AM »

tell them all to visit the forums of zunerama! then they will know Tongue
Lupo
zune master

SUPRA350LUPO
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 04:32:59 AM »

awwwwwwwwww that sucks you could have squirted a song thousands of feet in mid air flight.
WillysJeepMan
zune rockstar

(aka sracer)

tcperconti@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:28:52 AM »

I had the same thing happen at school the other day! I saw "drusila" on wireless, and was all excited, so I tried to send this pic.. and it said "cannot send, drusilla needs an update". The only person I've seen at my school using a 2.0 updated zune 30, is the person I told to update. No one else even knows you can update from 1.0 firmware.
They must never visit the marketplace then.  You cannot access the Zune Marketplace with the 1.x software.

Memorable quotes:
"The iPhone ISN'T a Smartphone." - typoink, 12/02/2007
"Microsoft will never include a web browser." - WillysJeepMan, 07/26/2008
Endless
zune rockstar

I ♣ Seals!

thehorsmancometh@hotmail.com littlemonster114
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »

It bugs me the restrictions they have sending songs. They need to stop updating wireless capabilities!!!

Well, I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

Quote from: Scott Fletcher of Unthinkability.com
Microsoft is always fashionably late to the party, but they always go home with the hot chicks
segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »

Hey they improved it like being able to send video podcasts, so yeah keep updating them Microsoft. Wink

What they should do is have Zune software automatically updated through Windows Live Update. 

Anyway I have seen some Zunes on my Social tab but they either have not updated or leave so I can't send them anything.  It annoys me when I just see they are online and not showing what song they are playing.

WillysJeepMan
zune rockstar

(aka sracer)

tcperconti@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »

What they should do is have Zune software automatically updated through Windows Live Update. 
That is already happening.

Memorable quotes:
"The iPhone ISN'T a Smartphone." - typoink, 12/02/2007
"Microsoft will never include a web browser." - WillysJeepMan, 07/26/2008
segadc
zune master

<o>

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »

Well I know it was in the Windows Live Update but I thought it was an optional update.  I really don't know since I never checked.

rebornempowered
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 11:36:58 AM »

I wonder if this person realizes how much less battery life they are getting by having their wireless turned on for absolutely no reason.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List